Lorrie Parajeckas' Blog
Generally, baby essentials can be quite expensive. Therefore, new parents should adopt saving techniques when purchasing baby gear. Baby gear is any item that is used to take care of all the needs of a baby. It consists of different kind of things such as clothing, diapers, strollers, play yards, and much more. Here are nine tricks that will help you save money when it comes to getting your baby gear:
1. Avoid buying unnecessary baby items. Unnecessary baby gear is anything that is not so essential, or you can replace with an equally good alternative. For example, a dishwasher can serve the same purpose as a bottle sterilizer.
2. Structure your baby shopping. Buying your baby's layette is the first thing you should do. Your aim should be to obtain the basics, i.e., onesies, blankets, socks, hats, etc. before adding other things that are also important.
3. Free baby stuff and registry. It is crucial that you do plenty of research to know where to get the bargain quality baby items. There are numerous places a pregnant woman and mothers can get freebies, i.e., a registry is relevant because it ensures that you get help buying things you need for your baby.
4. Choose to use cloth diaper. Cloth diapers are cheap and have a high absorption rate. They are also quite durable. You can obtain cloth diapers samples from diaper companies and organizations such as Giving Hope and Giving Diapers.
5. Baby Formula. When buying baby formula, ensure to look out for the ones that are affordable and of high-quality. Some companies offer free baby formula to customers and new parents. If you're a nursing mother, you can also visit nearby hospitals for free formula samples.
6. Classified and online swaps. You can locate a local swap group on Yahoo or Facebook. These groups create an excellent platform for mothers to sell baby items that they no longer use. Often, the price of such things is meager. An example of a website that offers such service is Craiglist’s baby + kid’s section.
7. Hit the sales and buy in bulk. You can always save up to 20 to 30 percent when you shop sale sections or use coupons. You can also buy diapers, baby formula, and other baby essentials in bulk from stores like Costco, Wal-Mart or Babies R Us.
8. Read Reviews. It is advisable to research reviews before you buy any baby gear. For instance, you can always ask a friend that uses similar items for opinions when buying goods like baby stroller and cribs.
9. Buy things that are versatile. These are items that are multi-use. Examples are breastfeeding pillows, three-in-one convertible car seats, and many others.
Prepping for your little one’s arrival should be an exciting experience; use these tricks to ensure you stay as stress-free as possible.